Changes from 2.2.6 to 2.4.0
- Fixed child folder creation
- Added support for pop3/smtp retrival via an http-proxy that supports
the connect command
- Fixed GnuPG support and added support for decrypt/verify
- Fixed DB mail storage in case of failure
- Saving Attachments / Messages remembers the directory now.
- Fixed saving Attachments with spaces in their names.
- Improved account dialog making it smaller to fit in smaller screens.
- Made forward attachments the default pref.
- Fixed addressbook sortying again.
- Added a pref to forget GnuPg passphrase, on by default.
- Changed the date to whats belived to be the RFC standard format.
- SMTP ports can be configured now. like so server:port
- Filters that move to the outbox are fixed.
- Dictionary for spelling can be picked now.
Changes from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6
- Fixed Date sorting after the billionth second passed of unix time, due to
Gtk+ sorting alphabatically.
- Applied a patch from James A. Pyrich that fixes
deletion of folders and updates thier sibilings accordingly.
- Fixed line style of threads not being respected when toggling threaded and
- Fixed search button appearing when switching threads and non threads while
viewing a virtual folder.
- https:// urls are highlighted and clickable in all widgets now.
- A new undo feature that reverts deletions. Remembers the last delete action
and undoes it. Disabled by default, enable from the advanced config node.
- Added a help->mail support menuitem in the compose window that inserts
email@example.com address and the userinfo in the body of the message for ease
of sending a bug or a question.
- Some fixes to dir remembering in attachment dialog.
- Fixed addressbook supporting.
- Fixed reply to all was broken in some cases.
- Pronto decodes attachment names if they are encoded now, patch from
Federico Heinz .
- Config dialog is only opened once and raised if opened.
- Toolbar buttons are completely configurable now (just like skipstone's
toolbar buttons) you can choose which buttons appear in the toolbar. See the
Toolbar Node in the config window.
- Reworked the config code to make it easier to add new config nodes, patch
by Federico also, and some fixes by me.
- Updated NL translations from Koos Pol.
- Respect user's pref of thread style in CList view windows.
- Drag and drop support into the composers to:, cc: and bcc: fileds, tested
- Other small bugfixes and code enhancements.
Changes from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5
- New Splash screen from Phil M (marmot).
- APOP was timing out all the time because of the Get.pm re-arrangement,
- Storing Messages in the db for Pg/Remote connections enabled now. You must
use Pg 7.1 and DBD::Pg 0.96 or higher for this to work. Read the ChangeLog
for more info.
- Fixed tabs not showing in a message when using an HTML widget.
- Patch from Zach Bean to push LIST command down the list when doing a pop3
check so that we dont get an ERR no messages.
- Jeff updated the install file to refelct the recent release of PgSQL 7.1
- More safety while doing folder operations if the folder tree is detached
- Attaching files from the file selection widget was broken in locales
other than english ones, fixed.
- CList view in unthreaded mode was broken due to a missing "&", fixed.
- German translations updated from Christian
Changes from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4
- Addressbook sorting was dropped when we replaced the addressbook, thats
- A small fix to reply-to-list to scrub away cruft from list headers.
- Pronto is now fully i18n enabled, if you want to use Pronto in your native
locale if the translations are avaiable, you need to install
Locale::gettext module from search.cpan.org. Export the correct LC_MESSAGES
variable and pronto will start in your locale. Thanks for Koos Pol
- New folder dialog entry grabs focus by default.
- Assume text/plain on broken text only mail headers.
- Get.pm modularized in prepration for IMAP/nonblocking socket fetching.
- Message compose sessions are autosaved now, in case of a crash you can
always go back to the compose window and choose file->restore and choose
the session you were composing (they can be multiple). Please make a
directory called sessions in ~/.pronto if you are upgrading. This option
can be toggled on/off too from the advanced config section.
- Added more search fields to the search dialog.
- Ability to Detach the FolderTree and reattach it. Can be done from the menu
or a column widget on the new folder column.
- Ability to open more than one view for multiple folders, right click on a
folder and choose open in a new view.
- Reply headers are more configurable now, patch from Michael Clifford
- German translations from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MsOutlook 2000 addressbook conversion script to Pronto's Addressbook from
Adam Warner - can be found in
- Pronto now remembers the last dir that was used to attach files from.
- Patch from Dan to fix some return receipt behavior when a
message is sent to multiple receipents and return receipt is requested.
- Tooltips are configurable on/off (Config->view).
- Fixed dbswitch script (will only work if your db is up to date for 2.2.x) so
that people can switch from CSV to db drivers in less hassle.
- Fix for urls that have commas in them "," getting cutt off.
- Fixed Re: and Fw: being repeated in Cpronto.
- Clear the screen when quiting Cpronto.
- bodytext2db migration-scripts fixed up in prepation for Pg support for
MsgIndb. Patch from Jeff Duffy
- Where there are boxlist combos, they are sorted now.
- Pronto compose message attachment clist accepts dragged files from an Xdnd
compatible file manager. Tested with Nautilus/GMC/EFM.
- The file selection widget used to attach files, can accept multiple files
now instead of one by one.
Changes from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3
- Drag and Drop from MessageList to FolderTree - use ctrl to drag multiple
messages, Read the ChangeLog in the distro for more info.
Changes from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2
- Installer fixes, uses HTTP mirror by default now, and no longer hangs on
- Readpane is cleared when the last message in a folder is deleted or trash
- When finding an existing db just create pronto directories if not found.
- Addressbook focus tracking, just focus on the field you want and double
click on an address and it will be filled right automagically.
- Xmailer header contains os now (for us to know ;-)).
- New option to slice signatures on reply (advanced section of config).
- Invalid date messages get assigned a current download timestamp so it no
longer messes up sorting.
- New splash screen from Phil Morris, Thanks Phil. (Can be turned off).
- \r\n friendly importing.
- Progressbar when downloading pop3 mail via slow connection did not redraw
well sometimes, improved.
- Limit on fields removed for real db users.
- URLS are quoted before passed on to the user's prefered browser.
- Pg addressbook had a missing field, fixed now.
- Verbose error patch from Troy, can be turned off for those who dont want it.
- Fix for send / reply_all when friendly name has a "," in it.
- Added date case for dates with empty () "yes happens sometimes, what
broken mailers !!!"
- Pronto is smarter about determining a users html widget now.
- New option to view in an HTML window even though a prefered mode is text
- some small warnings fixed.
- RPM is noarch as it always should have been since its perl code!
Changes from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1
- APOP support, requires DIGEST::MD5.
- Re-wrote config dialog to use a CTree instead of notebook. Cleaner.
- Advanced options section in config for avanced users.
- Some small fixes to message enocding.
- Small fix to signature switching when you use an external program to
- Delete key deletes messages - no matter what your accel is.
Changes from 2.0.1 to 2.2.0
- Completely re-written Addressbook
- Key Editor
- CPronto completely revamped.
- Lots of new key shortcuts to functions
- New feature reply to list (alt-l)
- Messages can be stored in the actual database now (MySQL users only and
you need to run bodytext2db script for this after you turn the option on)
- Ability to connect to different hosts (db users only)
- Font styles are back for new and read messages ( Gtk::Perl 0.7003 required ).
- Subject thread mode (s) which can thread respecting only the subjects so
that emails sent with broken mailers can be threaded correctly.
- Child threads can display arrows indicating a thread instead of the whole
- XUIDL support (pop only)
- Mail limit when downloading mail (pop only)
- Server control functions with mail stored on the server or partialy
downloaded (pop only)
- Fixed a bug that affected pop users where mail would get split in
situations where the server would not quote From
- Fixed Folder reordering (it did not stay as ordered in some situations)
- Fixes to launching a browser that is not Netscape
- Massive cleanups
- Fixed a bug where Pronto would die if GPG was not found
- Fixed a bug where Pronto would die if connection could not be established
- Pronto now removes extra chars like () from addresses before replying.
- VFolders and search results can be exported to MBOX format just like
- Addressbook looks better for an address before duplicating it.
- Sort by subject removes Re's now when sorting and puts it back in later.
- You can override Account specific signatures (which allows for external
programs to be ran that output signatures to STDIN and pronto woudl use that)
- When creating a filter from a message, there is a checkbox to apply it
- Search has a progressbar and a stop button to cancel it when searching for
strings in the body.
- Reply All can include or execlude you alt-i to include and alt-w to execlude
- Fixed some positioning problems when refreshing vfolders.
- Fixed Rename folder where it did not update in all places before a restart.
- Don't lock imported mboxes (careful wiht importing actual mboxes that can
be appneded to now)
- New option - empty trash on exit.
- Help -> my info outputs useful info for debugging when users would like to
report some strange behavior.
- Tabbing from the subject to the text widget works now.
- You can choose you expander style for threads now and the folder tree
inherits that along wiht the line style.
- Next unread expands the whole thread when moving to a thread that contains
new messages now.
- Fixed style usage, too many were created and unneeded.
- strip mailto: that gets passed from some programs such as gnome url handler.
- No more jumping around when arrow keys are used in entries of the compose
- misc stuff in GPG support.
- Trizillion other little bug fixes and things that users may not be
concerned about and stuff that I forgot about :), enjoy.
Changes from 2.0.1
Lots of spelling fixes for calls, thanks to email@example.com
Changes from 1.2.3 to 2.0:
- Re-wrote Pronto to use modules instead of being monlothic. Faster and
- A lot of repetitive code was eliminated thanks to the re-write.
- Fixed a CSV bug where headers from the header panel would disappear after a
send and receive.
- Fixed a bug where after configuring pronto, it would exit if a user did
not have an html widget installed.
- Fixed importing into send mail to use the correct information when
displaying the TO header in the clist.
- You can bcc without TO now.
- Send and Get processes can be internal to the parent process or forked
- Selected Folder & Message are preserved after a layout switch or a widget
- Optimized viewing large messages.
- Fixed a bug in reply to all where it would repeat the list you are
replying to twice in the TO field and right clicking on the reply-all
button now yeilds two options, include self or remove self, the default
action of just hiutting reply-all is remove self.
- Workarounds for Gtk::Perl bugs when deleting/moving messages. Gtk::Perl
used to crash with an error before that.
- Lots of GPG updates.
- TrueRegex filters are back - migration script needed.
- If adobe-helvetica is not found, dont barf, use fixed font instead in hope
its found !
changes from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3:
- No dependance on Netscape or Mozilla for external browser.
- A small bug fix that affected XmHTML users Only.
changes from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2:
- Layout changes from view->layout
- Text/Html and vice versa switching is done on the fly now
- Apply button in config
- some small bugfixes.
changes from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1:
- Search Fixes.
- A small bug in deleting a parent thread where the thread did not refresh.
here are some of the changes from 1.0 to 1.2:
- Message Threading
- A console client (cpronto)
- Refilter of folders or messages
- Filter hit counter
- Theme installer
- Themes are previewd with the first icon in the switch menu
- Wrapping problems fixed
- Prontosend and get should report errors to GUI also instead of STDOUT only
- CSCHtml support
- Search Improvements.
- Lots of other new options and bug fixes that I can't remember !!